weclome to ic0de.ws Check here

Poll: which is better? Skype or Discord
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Skype is better!
33.33%
1 33.33%
I like Skype better but discord is okay
33.33%
1 33.33%
? (In the middle)
0%
0 0%
I like Discord but Skype is okay
0%
0 0%
Discord is better!
33.33%
1 33.33%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which is better: Skype or Discord
Hello everyone, I'm all sure we've heard of Discord and we've heard of Skype. These two have been competing since 2015. I was wondering what you guys opinion was on the current situation. without being biased please bring out reasons why which software is better than the other and vice-versa so we can have an organised debate.

Skype on the otherhand is quite humble:
  • The ram usage is quite small compared to discord and other programs.
  • has an option for Secure mode which uses AES 256 encryption which is only accessible from one device at a time using end to end connection.
  • Is a Contender to Zoom now with it's new "Meet Now" Feature.
  • Very Discreet.
  • Access to call mobile phones using VOIP
  • Great for Teaching and 1 on 1 chats and group chats
[-] The following 1 user Likes Derek Owumi's post:
  • Xyt0
I never liked Skype so I'd always prefer using discord it's not the best communication app out there but does the job. I use discord when I'm gaming , or else it's inactive
(07-29-2020, 09:22 AM)Xyt0 Wrote: I never liked Skype so I'd always prefer using discord it's not the best communication app out there but does the job. I use discord when I'm gaming  , or else it's inactive

I agree with your second part. Discord is better if you're into gaming it does the job for that. but for Buisness, Education, school projects IOTs, skype is the clear winner
(07-29-2020, 09:22 AM)Xyt0 Wrote: I never liked Skype so I'd always prefer using discord it's not the best communication app out there but does the job. I use discord when I'm gaming  , or else it's inactive

The Skype client (not the protocol(s) used) was pretty trashy and bulky and without explanation (all the way up to the end).

Enterprise businesses used it (AFAIK) as a replacement for Microsoft MeetUp or whatever it was called (Windows 3.1.1 software).

Discord has and always will be a competitor for: X-Fire, Ventrilo and other predominately VoIP based 'gamer' applications.
X-Fire has finally faded (despite it's late renditions for logging hours played (verifiable) and other less notable features).
Ventrilo was just garbage from the start (although a lot of communities liked it and abused it just as IRC was).

E-Mails to BBs to forum boards to IRC to X-Fire to VoIP... The world we live in is ever changing and rapidly at that!
The age of information.
Discord moderator